ATBcares.com (managed by ATBFinancial) is now charging charities credit card and “Cause Support” fees. Please also note that Lone Prairie Camp is not eligible for any of ATB’s advertised donation matching.
Please Consider Partnering with Us
The ministry of Lone Prairie Camp depends on the generous donations of many people and organizations. We are a registered charity and therefore donations are eligible for a charitable tax receipt (worth a 50% tax refund for Albertans).
One-time donations are accepted through PayPal Giving Fund Canada or via mail. Please make cheques out to Lone Prairie Camp (RR1, Ferintosh, AB, T0B 1M0) and clearly indicate to whom we should write the tax receipt.
For an even more tax efficient donation, consider donating securities (ie. stocks, mutual funds, etc) from a taxable/margin trading account via CanadaHelps.
There is no better job than being a Cabin Leader. Let’s ignore the crazy hours and thankless tasks for a moment. If you ask anyone who has been a camper, the activities and games are fun, but they mostly remember their Cabin Leader. What an amazing privilege to impact these young lives for eternity!
For a variety of reasons, many of us are not able to serve as Cabin Leaders during the summer, but there are various other ways to partner with this important ministry.
A sincere thank you to our staff, volunteers, donors and prayer warriors who each contribute to facilitating encounters with the Triune God.
Note: PayPal Giving Fund Canada (unlike CanadaHelps, ATBcares.com and many other options) charge charities no transaction fees for online credit card donations while providing an instant tax receipt for the donor. Please consider using PayPal Giving Fund Canada to ensure your entire donation impacts camper lives!
- LPC Gift Catalogue
- Support/General Donation Update
- Donate as You Shop Online!
- Donate-A-Car to Lone Prairie Camp!
The ministry of LPC is able to continue because of the ongoing support of individuals and families like you. Thank you for prayerfully considering financially supporting Lone Prairie Camp.
We are once again offering our annual gift catalogue with various projects which we would like to tackle in the upcoming year to maintain and improve our programs and facilities. This year we have several larger items towards which you can donate and we are also encouraging you to consider “adopting” a camper by contributing towards our Campership program.
For course, donations towards our general fund will also be gratefully accepted!
A huge thank you to our many generous donors! Here are a few of the projects we were able to accomplish in 2021 because of your support:
- Generous Staff Support donations which allowed us to offer some certainty to our staff during uncertain times
- Folding tables & chairs used for outdoor meals during COVID and available for future events
- Winterizing the Penner Staff Lounge with insulation and a gas fireplace (on track to finish before summer 2022)
- Significant progress on our Crystal Block bathroom reno (on track to finish before summer 2022)
- $13,259 contributed to LPC’s endowment fund
- Early payments toward’s LPC’s BGCA loan
Altogether, your support allowed us to run 6 weeks of summer camp, subsidize 38 camper registrations and finish our 2020-21 fiscal year with a balanced budget.
If 200 supporters spend $200/mo, Lone Prairie Camp would receive $14,400/yr…And it’s completely free for you to use ShopandShare.ca.
ShopandShare.ca is a really easy way to donate money to your favourite charity. Just log into your ShopandShare.ca account and then navigate to one of the more than 200 online stores. Your price on Amazon.ca, Walmart.ca, Best Western, etc doesn’t increase and your favourite charity (think Lone Prairie Camp) will automatically receive a percentage.
Donate A Car Canada accepts Vehicle Donations for Lone Prairie Camp. They provide free towing in many areas across Canada, or you can drop off your vehicle to maximize your donation. When you Donate your RV, boat, motorcycle or other vehicle to Lone Prairie Camp through Donate A Car Canada, it will either be recycled or sold at auction depending on its condition, age and location. Donate A Car Canada will look after all the details to make it easy for Lone Prairie Camp to benefit. After your Vehicle Donation is complete, Lone Prairie Camp will send you a tax receipt within 45 days!
Did You Know Your Donation is Multiplied by 2.1?
* In 2021, Albertans received 29% (Federal) + 21% (Provincial) for a total of 50% tax credit on all eligible amounts above $200. Albertans also received 15% (Federal) + 10% (Provincial) for a total of 25% tax credit on the first $200 they donated.
** LPC saves roughly 5.5% annually on any funds we can direct towards paying off our BGCA loan
LPC Gift Acceptance Policy
Spending of funds is confined to board approved programs and projects. Each contribution directed toward an approved program or project will be used as restricted with the understanding that when the need for such a program or project has been met, or cannot be completed for any reason as determined by the board, the remaining restricted contributions will be used where most needed. Also, funds may from time-to-time be temporarily used to cover short-term cashflow. LPC will not accept first time charitable donations from individuals and/or organizations with whom LPC is in current negotiations.