In order to protect the minors whom we serve, all Lone Prairie Camp staff (paid and volunteer) who are 16 or older need a current (within 3 years) Criminal Record Check (CRC) with Vulnerable Sector Search (VSS) on file with the camp office before their start date.*  New staff will also need to provide government issued photo ID with date of birth to confirm their identity.

We can also accept a scanned CRC directly from one of the offices of our Shareholder Churches if the original is already on file in their office.

Please get this process started as soon as possible. processes CRCs for adults within 1 business day, but other methods can take several months.

*** We need the original CRC within 60 days of issuance by police services. Please note that we must retain the original copy for our records. ***

Minors (under 16)

Individuals under 16 years of age are encouraged to apply as helpers in our food services or facility management programs. However, individuals under 16 years of age will never be solely responsible for supervising younger children and do not count towards our supervision ratios. We thus do not require Criminal Record Checks for these individuals.

Please contact our office if you will still be under 16 at the end of your term on staff.

Minors (16 or 17)

Due to privacy laws, can not process a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search on your behalf.  Please go to your local police station and request one in person. We need confirmation that your Criminal Record Check is in process (eg. a receipt or note from the station) before we can finish processing your application.

Adults (Under 25)

You are able to request your Criminal Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search in person from your local police station or your CRC+LPI Check using the system explained below.

Adults (25 or Older)

You are able to request your Criminal Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search in person from your local police station.

WARNING: You can only use the system explained below if you have a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search on file at the camp office from within the past 5 years. If so, you can select the CRC+LPI Check option.
If you are unsure, please feel free to contact our office.


You will receive LPC’s VSPN organization number AND the relevant VSPN position title & VSPN position code as part of your Criminal Record Check email. These 3 will allow volunteers to have the fee waived for Criminal Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search at their local police station.

Please Note:

  • Some volunteer positions (eg. CLT) do NOT qualify for the VSPN program
  • Only Albertan stations that routinely charge a fee for volunteer CRCs are aware of the VSPN program
  • Some police stations will ask to see your Application Confirmation email from LPC to confirm that you are volunteering.
  • Most Edmonton Police Stations will not process Criminal Record Checks for volunteers. To make use of the VSPN program, please go to the Edmonton
    “Police Information Check Section (PICS)” with your confirmation email, VSPN position code and 2 pieces of government issued current ID. Location & hours of operation are listed on the PICS website.

WARNING: Please make sure to read the age-specific information above BEFORE using myBackCheck in order to avoid wasting your money.

  1. Visit and select Lone Prairie Camp from the list of camps provided.
  2. You will need to register for a myBackCheck account and create a username and password.
  3. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation of registration e-mail from Open it and click on the web link to activate your account.
  4. Type in your username and password to log in. Once logged in click on the ‘Inbox’ tab at the top of the page to find your Invitation.
  5. Click on the CCA Invitation, which will allow you to click ‘Accept and Continue’ to move forward with your check.
  6. Continue with the steps and pay online by credit card.
  7. After the purchase is complete, click on “my Account” and then click ‘Continue’ to proceed with the criminal record check.
  8. Enter your identity information.
  9. Disclose any criminal records. These details will be used by the police department to verify any potential record you may have, so remember to be as accurate as possible.
  10. Review the Term and Conditions.
  11. Verify your ID online, or if you do not pass the ID online process, print the Canada Post ID Verification Form and take it to your nearest participating Canada Post location to have your IDs verified and submitted to through the site.
  12. Download a PDF copy of your CRC and email it to

* Non-Canadian citizens must submit a current CRC from their home country and a Canadian CRC if they have resided in Canada for over 10 months.